Friday, November 7, 2014

Entrevaux

I had heard about these cool little trains that took you into the mountains to see the medieval towns so I spent today doing just that.  They have special tourist trains with big windows and, apparently they usually have a tour commentary but they didn't today. 

 
The train ride wasn't quite as pretty as I had hoped partly due to the sun being so low in the sky this time of year.  It was kind of blinding on one side but when it dipped behind the mountains, the fall leaves were brilliant.
 
 
Entrevaux dates back to the 1500s and was repeatedly fought over...here's a list of occupiers courtesy in just six years.


It was a pretty little town but mostly shut down for the winter.  I was going to hike up to the monastery at the top of the mountain but the ticket dispenser was broken...my thighs seemed pretty grateful about that.






1 comment:

  1. Very magical looking. The train looks like it would be perfect for viewing

    ReplyDelete